Buyer New Home Rebate
When a property is listed for sale with a real estate agent (resale), the seller typically pays a 3% commission to the buyer’s agent. When you sign up to work with Rebate Properties, you do the legwork to find the home you want. We provide you with the representation needed to buy it and then we share part of our commission with you – 1%. Likewise, when a smart buyer visits a new home builder to purchase their new home, we will share 2% of our commission, which is provided by the new home builder. We love to give new home rebates to our smart buyers.
How to Get Your 2% (New Home Rebate):
- Print and complete the required New Home Rebate Client Registration Form.
- Find and visit new home communities you’re most interested in.
- Notify the salesperson that a Rebate Properties agent is your buyer’s agent and confirm a 3% commission. Provide the Client Registration Form from Step 1 above.
- Negotiate the terms and desired upgrades directly with the salesperson.
- Have the sales contract and disclosures emailed to us for our signature.
How to Get Your 1% (Resale Home Rebate):
- Identify a short list of 1-3 finalists, or existing home(s) online that you are serious about.
- Drive by the home(s) to be sure you like the neighborhood, street, etc.
- Get ready, be willing and be able to make an offer (have your lender’s pre-approval letter in hand).
- Contact us to request showing(s), draft offer contract and negotiate with seller’s agent.
- Get to closing table and receive rebate.
Seller Resale Rebate
Traditionally sellers have realized a commission expense of 6% to sale their home, which represents a commission split of 3% to the seller’s agent and 3% to the buyer’s agent (Traditional Route). However, at Rebate Properties, we’ve come to realize that this method is quickly becoming outdated. As such, we’ve made the choice to partner with savvy sellers and share the risk of selling their homes. Our decision has allowed many sellers to cut sales expenses, as it’s passed savings directly back to them, via our Shared Route option. We encourage more sellers to break away from the mold and embrace the new. However, the choice is totally up to you! Contact us today to find out more!